Champion Commercial Juicer G5-PG-710 Review:
The Champion Commercial Juicer G5-PG-710 is a heavy-duty commercial-type of juicer that uses the “mastication”-style process. It is manufactured and distributed by Champion, a brand known for its quality small kitchen appliances.
The G5-PG-710 solves the problems of naturalists and health-conscious folks who wish to get more vitamins, minerals and enzymes in their system.
Though vitamins and mineral can be taken in synthetic oral supplements, enzymes are best when taken from fresh fruits and vegetables.
The best way to do this is to extract the natural juices from these foods, however, extracting juice from hard fruits and leafy vegetables and root may prove to be a problem.
These juicers give the ease and convenience of juicing fruits and vegetables at a fraction of the time and effort should you do it manually.
The Champion G5-PG-710 specializes in juicing all kinds of pulpy fruits and vegetables, but it cannot juice leafy greens such as wheatgrass. Aside from being a heavy-duty juicer, it also has the power to grind nuts into nut butters and to make smooth baby food and fresh fruit sorbets.
Why Is Champion Commercial Juicer G5-PG-710 Different From Other Traditional Juicers?
How Does This Juicer Work?
All the magic that makes solid food go in at one end and fresh juice pour out the other end happens inside the Champion G5-PG-710.
After the food is fed into the chute, the floating cutter made up of stainless steel blades cut, slice and separate the pulp from the juice in one single motion.
Aside from the 1/3 hp or horsepower GE motor making the blades clock in at 1725 rpm or rotations per minute that ensures speed, the single motion slicing, juicing and separating makes the Champion G5-PG-710 easy to clean as well.
Much of the mastication process happens within the floating cutter itself. Just like in chewing food when your incisors (front teeth) and canines grab and cut your food while the molars (back teeth) grind, squeeze and press it, the mechanism inside the floating cutter works in very much the same way.
Designed To Fall In Love With:
- The design is very stylish, with a variety of colors to choose from. The silver one looks quite modern; the black one sleek and elegant; while the white one will complement any kitchen. Another thing with the Champion G5-PG-710 design that you’ll love is its wide 1.75 inch-diameter chute or feed tube. It’s big enough to put whole vegetables into, while other fruits and vegetables will require just a few slices.
- You’ll also enjoy how fast and easy it is to use—easy enough that even kids can make fresh fruit and vegetable juice, and even fresh sorbet or ice cream. With a fast rotating blade like that, you can be sure that juicing will take no more than a few minutes every time.
- But probably the best two things you’ll really love is the price and the warranty that comes with it. The Champion G5-PG-710 is one of the few heavy-duty combination juicers and food processors that are under $400, so that in itself is something to fall in love with. However, there is that little thing with the 10-year warranty. 10 years! You’re guaranteed to have this superb kitchen helper for a long, long time.
Quality Of Juice:
Assembly And Washing Up:
One thing you’ll notice when you read feedbacks about this product is how customers rave about how easy the cleanup is, and really, it really is quite easy.
They have designed the G5-PG-710 so that its nozzle can be taken apart easily to be washed in soapy water, or thrown in the dishwasher. Out of all the kitchen appliances you can have, the Champion G5-PG-710 can probably best compete in the one with the easiest cleanup.
Assembly is just as easy, with the manual showing detailed and helpful instructions. One thing to note, though, is that this thing is heavy, and might prove to be a challenge for the ladies. For this reason, it is also not advisable to store it in an overhanging shelf or counter.
Speed Of Juicer:
Speed is no problem for the Champion G5-PG-710. At 1725 rpms, you can be sure that you will get your fresh glass fast.
As for yield, generally, it depends on the kind of fruit or vegetable you will be juicing—pulpy fruits will yield more juice, while hard fruits, tubers, and root vegetables might need a lot more to make a significant amount.
One thing to note is that you will notice that the pulp taken out of the machine is quite dry, meaning all that fresh, juicy goodness goes straight to your glass and not into the pulp.
What Is So Good About Champion Commercial Juicer G5-PG-710?
- High speed, heavy-duty juice extractor that’s efficient in juicing fruits and vegetables
- Has other functions like grinding, mashing and making frozen treats
- Uses a one-step cutting and juicing process that speeds performance and minimizes
- Can juice continuously without problems of overheating or cloggiing.
- Assembly and cleanup is a breeze
- Backed by a 10-year motor and parts warranty
- Reasonably-priced for such a powerful product
What Is Not So Good About Champion Commercial Juicer G5-PG-710?
- Product is heavy; might not be advisable to be stored in overhanging areas
- The G5-PG-710 can’t juice leafy green vegetables like wheatgrass
- Pulp can back up through the feed chute when juicing fibrous fruits and vegetables like
- pineapple and celery
- High speed produces heat, which might warm the juice if fruits and vegetables used aren’t cold.
A lot of the customers who bought the Champion G5-PG-710 are very satisfied with their purchase. One thing in common that they all rave about is how easy it is to clean the Champion juice extractor. They also love how the pulp is dry and how much juice is actually produced by the machine.
A few of the things most users complained about is how heavy the product is. Though most of them didn’t mind, as it looks quite stylish along the kitchen counter, some people who might like to stow away their kitchen appliances when not in use might find this troublesome.
Customers also complained that some of their juices turned out warm, because the Champion G5-PG-710 operates at such a high speed. However, this can be compensated by using cold fruits and vegetables and my juicing with short intervals per glass.
Wanna read more customer reviews? just click here 🙂