What We Like About Breville BJE510XL Ikon Juice Extractor:
- Breville BJE510XL Ikon Juice Extractor is very simple to operate.
- It has a selector that will allow you to manipulate its extracting speed according to your needs.
- It is made from stainless steel, and its design will blend with any kitchen.
- This juicer has an electronic chip that can change the speed of the blade’s rotation every time it detects that the item being juiced is hard to process.
- This device has large tube that can accommodate fruits like whole apples and oranges.
- Its affordable price and simple design will make you crazy 🙂
- With Juicer’s micromesh filter, it can obtain up to 30% more juice than the average juicers in the market.
- It has a froth separator. No foams will be mixed with your juice when you transfer the juice from the pitcher to your glass.
- It can be cleaned easily.
- Easy to assemble and wash.
- This juicer works at great speed.It produce 8 ounces of juice in 5 seconds.
- It is quiet. Even if it is in full speed, you might only hear it hum
- Warranty: 1 year.
What We Don’t Like About Breville BJE510XL Ikon Juice Extractor:
- Over usage of the juicer may shorten its motor’s life span
- Limited warranty period.
Breville BJE510XL Ikon 900-Watt Variable-Speed Juice Extractor Review
What is Breville BJE510XL Ikon 900-Watt Variable-Speed Juice Extractor?
The Breville Juice Extractor has a selector that will allow you to manipulate its extracting speed according to your needs. It is made from stainless steel, and its design will blend with any kitchen.
In addition, this juicer has an electronic chip that can change the speed of the blade’s rotation every time it detects that the item being juiced is hard to process.
Breville USA, a popular Australian maker of small kitchen appliances manufactures and distributes this product.
If you attempt to recall or research more about this manufacturer, you will find out that it is also the maker of the first ever sandwich toaster.
This is a great buy for those people who want to experience hassle-free juicing. It seamlessly juices any fruit or vegetable without the need of slicing, peeling, and cutting them. All you need to do is put those foodstuffs inside the tube and run the machine.
Unique Features Of Breville BJE510XL Ikon Juice Extractor:
The greatest feature that Breville BJE510XL Ikon 900-Watt Variable-Speed Juice Extractor has is its smart chip. You do not need to worry about thinking which speed setting would get the job done. Just insert the food inside the chute, and the juicer will adjust the speed for you once it knows that it is under heavy pressure.
Another great feature of this device is its large tube that can accommodate fruits like whole apples and oranges. You will not need to slice them to smaller pieces just to juice them.
What makes it more efficient is its design. The blade is perfectly centered at the other end of the tube, so that every time you will juice something, it produces more juice a lot faster compared to other brands of juicers.
Aside from the smart chip embedded on the juicer, it has a speed selector that can let you choose five different speed settings. Choosing the right speed for the right food will make it faster and more effective when it juices them.
You simply need to place a fruit or vegetable of your choice into its food tube first. After that, you will need to push it down inside using the food pusher.
In reality, you will not need to use the food pusher too much, especially if you are using the juicer on its fastest speed setting.
Then, the item you want to juice will meet the blade of the juicer. That blade will extract the juice from the pulp.
In addition, it will also separate the skin of the fruit, the pulp, and the juice, which is why you do not need to peel it anymore.
When the blade of the juicer experiences difficulties while it is rotating, the smart chip will automatically change the speed setting.
Subsequently, the juice will flow directly to the mesh and then into the pitcher. On the other hand, the pulp and skin will be redirected to the pulp bin.
Parts and Design Of Breville BJE510XL Ikon 900-Watt Variable-Speed Juice Extractor :
The following are the important parts of the juicer:
- Unique Direct Central Feed System
- 3 Inch Wide Feed Chute
- Juice Cover
- 3 Liter Pulp Container
- On/Off Switch
- LCD Speed Indicator
- Electronic Variable Speed Control Dial
- Food Pusher
- Die-cast Metal Interlocking Safety Arm
- Nutri Disc™
- Motor Drive Coupling
- Filter Bowl Surround
- 1.2 Liter Juice Jug and Lid
- Heavy Duty Motor
- Custom Designed Juice Nozzle
- Cleaning Brush
- Built in Froth Separator
- Juice Jug Lid
Because of this juicer’s micromesh filter, it can obtain up to 30% more juice than the average juicers in the market. On the other hand, this filter is also responsible for extracting 40% more vitamins and minerals compared to the other leading brands of juicers.
In addition, the jug that comes with Breville BJE510XL has a froth separator. No foams will be mixed with your juice when you transfer the juice from the pitcher to your glass. And because of its efficiency and quickness on creating juices, the juice you will extract will always be fresh.
Watch This Video To Know How Breville BJE510XL Ikon Juice Extractor Works 🙂
Washing Up And Assembling:
Most of the top parts of this product are dishwasher safe. Here is a list of parts you can wash:
- Juicer cover
- 3 liter pulp container
- Nutri Disc™
- Filter bowl surround
- 1.2 liter juice jug and lid
- Custom designed juice nozzle
- Cleaning Brush
The processing speed of this Breville BJE510XL Ikon juicer is excellent. In a span of 5 seconds, it can instantly give you 8 ounces of juice.
In addition, you have complete control on its speed. It has a selector that can let you adjust its speed anytime. Note that it has five speed settings. The range of its speed starts from 6,500 RPM and ends to its maximum speed, which is 12,500 RPM.
As mentioned before, it can detect if the speed of the blade is not enough to extract the juice of the item you fed the machine. This may become an issue for people who want to use a slow speed when extracting. However, there is a way to trick the automatic speed changes.
To prevent this juicer on speeding up the motor, you can little by little introduce the fruit or vegetable that you want to the processor’s blade.
To do that, do a push and pull motion on the food pusher. You can push the item for a second, and then pull it back for a few seconds. Doing that will reduce the pressure the blade is receiving, thus preventing the chip on raising the speed of the juicer’s blade.
Breville BJE510XL Ikon 900-Watt Variable-Speed Juice Extractor – Technical Specifications:
What’s Good About Breville Ikon Juicer?
Why should you consider the juicer to be a part of your shortlist of similar products?
- For one, t can process fruits very fast. It can generate one glass of juice within five seconds. This is ideal for people who are already fed up with a masticating juicer that extracts juice slowly.
- Breville has an excellent support that you can rely on whenever you have troubles with this product.
- It is quiet. Even if it is in full speed, you might only hear it hum. However, some users of this product said that it was a little noisier every time they juice a dense fruit or vegetable on it.
What’s Not So Good About Breville Ikon 900-Watt Juice Extractor?
Of course, no product is perfect. The following are some of the “bad things” about the juicer:
- Just like the other juicers produced by Breville, Breville Ikon also suffers from a warranty that is very short. The warranty of this product will only last for a year.
- Another thing that you need to watch out for is its motor. Over usage of the juicer may shorten its life span. In addition, juicing any item that is not a fruit or vegetable may stress the motor too much, especially if that item is very dense. On the other hand, depending on the smart chip every time you juice will only give your motor unneeded pressure. That is why there is a LCD speed indicator. Memorize the speed settings needed by the items you regularly juice.
The Final Verdict:
This product is a must buy for those who do not like to wait for their juices. Also, people who want their juices to be fresh and full of vitamins would surely appreciate this neat kitchen appliance.
Here are some additional tips you can follow once you get a juicer like this one.
- Always use a lower speed setting whenever you are extracting juices from soft foods. Following that would allow you to get more vitamins and minerals from those fruits and vegetables that you will juice. This is true since a slower blade speed allows you to extract juice with minimal friction and heat, which are the primary causes of enzyme and mineral reduction in juices.
- If you deal with dense vegetables like carrots, it is best to set this juicer on its maximum setting. You really do not have a choice since the low speed setting would only have a difficult time on extracting juices from those hard foods. Besides, using a faster speed will let you have more juice.
Again, if you buy this juicer, extracting would become a very easy task. In addition, you can assure yourself that the juice you will obtain is always fresh and healthy.
Juicer Information Chart :
Bestselling Juicers on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of June 25, 2017 2:43 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.