What We Like about Breville 800JEXL Juice Fountain Elite :
- Breville 800JEXL Juice Fountain Elite is very simple to operate.
- It has a more powerful motor, and it can accommodate huge chunks of stuff on its feeding tube.
- It’s affordable price and simple design will make you crazy 🙂
- It’s stainless steel design and construction look nice and also ensures durability.
- This juicer has two speed settings: high and low. The first setting (high) has a speed of 13,000 rpm. On the other hand, the second setting (low) has a speed of 6,500 rpm. The high setting is ideal for hard fruits and vegetable, while the low speed works great with soft fruits.
- Its locking arm bolts move upto 1/4 in all directions to ensure a tight fit in the locking arm.
- It can be cleaned easily as it comes with a cleaning brush, all most all parts except the mesh filter basket/ nutri disk and food pusher can be washed in a dishwasher and can save your time.
- All materials that come in close contact with the fruits and the vegetables are BPA free.
- Breville 800JEXL comes with overload protection which prevents overheating, it automatically shuts down the machine if it senses the machine is overloaded.
- Easy to assemble and wash.
- This juicer works at great speed.
- Its pitcher has a spout hole, and it prevents any excess juice to leak. In addition, it prevents any spray of juice to go out from the pitcher.And it also acts as a foam remover.
- The pitcher is made from plastic, and it is better than a glass pitcher.
- This juicer ensures that you extract the maximum amount of juice from your chosen fruit or vegetable with dry pulp.
What We Don’t Like About Breville 800JEXL Juice Fountain Elite:
- Juicing leafy vegetables with this machine is a little complicated.
- The noise it generates is tolerable, though some may find it loud.
Breville 800JEXL Juice Fountain Elite 1000-Watt Juice Extractor Review:
What is Breville 800JEXL Juice Fountain Elite 1000-Watt Juice Extractor?
Breville 800JEXL Juice Fountain Elite 1000-Watt Juice Extractor is a centrifugal juicer, which means that it relies on the spinning action to extract the juice from the pulp.
On the other hand, a while a masticating juicer chews and squeezes the juice out from the pulp.
In general, masticating juicers are better than centrifugal juicers in terms of generating juices, while centrifugal juicers hold the advantage over masticating juicers when it comes to speed and efficiency of the juicing operation.
The good thing about this product is that it is a centrifugal juicer that can generate as much juice as a masticating juicer.
This is perfect for people who want to get a lot of juice within a limited time frame plus the fact that it can extract juice from any fruit and vegetable.
It can also extract juices from green leafy vegetables, though you might need to follow certain steps to make sure nothing will go wrong.
Breville USA manufactures this juicer. This company is a renowned maker of small to medium-sized kitchen appliances and machine worldwide. Also, this company is known as the creator of the first sandwich toaster.
Difference from Traditional Juicers: Unique Features
One of its unique features is its feed tube. Since it has a big feed chute, it can process three regular-sized fruits, like an apple, at the same time. The chute is seven inches tall and has a diameter of three inches. The fruits or vegetable can be inserted on that chute directly without the need of cutting them into smaller pieces…sounds perfect right?
In addition, the pitcher of Juice Fountain is large too. Though, you must remember that it has a max line. Once the pitcher’s content goes over that line, it will spill. You will need to transfer the pitcher’s content from time to time to avoid that. Many people tend to miscalculate it since this juicer generates more juice than regular juicers.
How Does This Juicer Work?
It works like a regular centrifugal juicer. The only difference is that it has a more powerful motor, and it can accommodate huge chunks of stuff on its feeding tube.
Its juicing process is simple. You insert a fruit on its tube. On the other end of the tube is the machine’s blade that spins very fast.
Once the fruit touches that blade, the pulp will be separated from its juice. The juice will flow past the mesh, and it will go straight into the pitcher, while the pulp will be thrown into the pulp container.
Still Confused? Watch This Video To Know How Breville 800JEXL Juice Fountain Elite Works!
Parts and Design of the Breville 800JEXL Juice Fountain Elite 1000-Watt Juice Extractor:
Its stainless steel design and construction look nice on any regular kitchen counter. Unlike plastic, juices cannot leave ugly marks on stainless steel. The stainless steel construction adds to its durability.
In addition, stainless steel does not crack or break. The only time it will be damaged is when accidents happen to it, or if you have done something to damage it deliberately.
On the other hand, here are the specific parts of this juicer:
- Patented Extra Wide Feed Chute
- Safety Locking Arm
- Large Pulp Container
- Two Speed Electronic Control
- Off Button
- Overload Protection Button
- Food Pusher
- Juice Cover
- Stainless Steel Micro Mesh Filter Basket
- 1 Liter Juice Jug
- High Performance Motor Base
Quality Of Juice
Since this is a centrifugal type of juicer, it is inevitable that it might lose some enzymes during the juicing process. However, if you compare this to other centrifugal juicers, you will find out that it is better in terms of keeping enzymes and vitamins in the juice.
The common factors that reduce the enzymes present in juices are heat and friction. This juicer can keep more of a fruit’s nutritional elements because it does not produce a lot of heat in the process of extraction.
However, the downside is that its blade produces a lot of friction. Nevertheless, you have the option to use a slower blade rotation to reduce the friction that this machine gives to the item being juiced.
On an entirely different note, the lid of this juicer can separate the juice from the foam created by the juicer, and it is an effective froth remover.
The upside of this Breville 800JEXL Juicer against the regular ones is that the juice it produces is not oxidized. Furthermore, the juice it extracts is fresh since it is made fast.
Assembly & Washing Up
This juicer can be assembled easily, and the manual that comes with it is easy to read and follow. Also, it can be dissembled quickly. Furthermore, it does not have any screws or bolts that you will need to remove every time you will use it.
Its parts are dishwasher proof. They can fit in an average-sized dishwasher. And all you need to do to clean it is to wash the top parts of the juicer, and then you must let them dry. With its blade and wire mesh, you could use the brush that comes with the juicer to clean them. Since most of them are made from stainless steel, cleaning them up is easier than plastic parts.
This juicer has two speed settings: high and low. The first setting (high) has a speed of 13,000 rpm (rotation/s per minute). On the other hand, the second setting (low) has a speed of 6,500 rpm. The high setting is ideal for hard fruits and vegetable, while the low speed works great with soft fruits.
The quantity of juice that it can extract within a minute depends on many factors.
The first factor is the hardness of the fruit.
The second factor is the quantity of juice the fruit contains.
The third factor is the speed setting that you selected.
The fourth factor is the speed of you pushing the fruit down to the juicer.
Though, if you juice apples on it on high setting and without exerting too much force on the apples, it can generate a liter of juice within a minute.
The Good (Pros):
Here are few of the good points you will like about Breville Juice Fountain:
- Its pitcher has a spout hole, and it prevents any excess juice to leak. In addition, it prevents any spray of juice to go out from the pitcher. It also makes it possible for the juicer to eliminate any splash. Asides from that, it also acts as a foam remover.
- It does not go out of balance when it is operating unlike other juicers. And it does not shake a lot too.
- The pitcher is made from plastic, and it is better than a glass pitcher. This is relatively true since pitchers are very prone to dropping.
- Alternatively, the juice it produces has very small amounts of pulp. Even if the juice is from a vegetable, the amount of pulp present on it very is low. If you drink it, you will not even notice them. But it is advisable to strain the pulp out of the juice if you are a juice purist.
- The efficiency of this juicer can be seen in the pulp it produces. If you touch the pulps, you will notice that it is very dry. Of course, if they are dry, that means that the juicer was able to extract all the juice from it.
The Bad (Cons):
Not all products are perfect, so here are some of this juicer’s flaws:
- Juicing leafy vegetables with this machine is a little complicated. You will need to combine them with a fruit, and roll them together until it gets packed. You will also need to do an up and down motion with the food pusher since it is the only way to prevent the leaves from jamming the machine. You can also try juicing them with a fast setting.
- The noise it generates is tolerable, though some may find it loud. For many, it is not noisy and quiet.
- It is a bigger than the usual juicing appliances, and it is not ideal for very small kitchens.
- The bad thing about this juicer is that it has a limited warranty period. The duration of the warranty ranges from one to three years. It is sad that regular juicers on the market have longer warranty periods than this juicer’s warranty duration.
- The motor of the juicer is allegedly problematic. Some representatives of this juicer said that there is a possibility that the motor of the juicer might wear down after years of usage. As of now, there is no reported case that can be found on user reviews about it on the internet. In contrast to that, you can find many reviewers who have already used the juicer for more than three years with expired warranties, and their juicers’ motors are still doing fine.
Summary of Reviews/Customer feedback:
The Final Verdict:
Over 1,135 Five Star reviews @Amazon can prove that Breville 800JEXL Juice Fountain Elite is highly loved by customers.
This is recommended for people who do not have a lot of time to wait for a fresh juice. In addition, this product is fitted for people who want a lot of juice.
By the way, here are some reminders that you can find useful once you buy an Elite Breville Juicer:
- The juicer will yield more juice if fruits and vegetables are fed slowly to the machine.
- If you are too lazy to clean the pulp container, here is a tip. You can put a small plastic bag on it. Once the juicer runs, the pulp goes into the bag. Then you can just throw the bag away without cleaning the container.
If you buy this product, you will benefit from instant juices it can provide you. As mentioned ago, this product has the speed of a centrifugal juicer, and the effectiveness of a masticating juicer.
Juicer Information Chart:
Bestselling Juicers on Amazon
Prices are accurate as of June 26, 2017 3:50 am. Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.